Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Dog Star" Chronological Order of Flashback Paragraph

If the writer would not have used flashbacks I think the story would have been more effective. By adding flashbacks the writer is just making the story more stressful and confusing for the reader. Thats why I had trouble comprehending the story last night. for example when the narrirator flashed back to when he first got the puppy I lost track of what was happening in the story at the present time. I nmy opinion using chronological order in a story is better than using flashbacks because it keeps things simple and not so complicated. I would rather enjoy listening to a story than worrying about were I am at in the story. Flashbacks are better used in movies.

2 comments:

  1. i dont agree it makes the story better when they add the flashbacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you included the example of that flashback, but where are the other two examples?

    ReplyDelete